[linux-dvb] DBV on the Lifeview Trio

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Hi, Nico
>
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> today I was given a Trio in exchange of my broken Duo.
>> I noticed that the DVB part on the Lifeview Trio "works" (so to say,
>> I still haven't gotten
>> anything to tune, even in windows) with the config of the tiger board
>> with the exception that it responds at address 0x12, so I changed the
>> demod_addr to 0x9
>> in struct tda1004x_config philips_tiger_config.
>>
>> I'll keep my finger crossed (wasn't this 8275A supposed to be better,
>> rather than worse,
>> than its elder brother?)

Hi Hartmutt,

> The 8275a *is* significantly better - at least from my experience.
> But there can be a ton of reasons why your board doesn't work yet.
> I have a recent Lifeview design here (cardbus, hybrid). On this board,
> almost everything is different from what we are used to so far.
>
> - Does this board have 2 tda8275a?

yes

> - Does the DSP boot its firmware (guess not)?

no:
DVB: registering new adapter (saa7133[0]).
DVB: registering frontend 2 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...
tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok

> - Is I2C communication smooth?

uhm, how can I know it? do I need to pass some parameter to saa7134 ?

> - Does the board have radio?

yes, I see that radio and kradio found some stations, but I still
haven't found a way to listen to them
(maybe a problem with the mixer)

> If yes, how does the board switch the AGC?

I wish I knew the answer :)

> You see, we need to clarify many issues.
>
> Best regards
>    Hartmut

well, yes, but what scares me is that not even the software for windows
bundled with the card
tunes any DVB channel. Won't this tuner be broken, too?