[linux-dvb] DBV on the Lifeview Trio

hermann pitton wrote:

>For the dual TDA8275A on the Tevion DVBT-220RF Hartmut recommended the
>following with success.
>
>-quote
>

>>>Sorry, i forgot: Ther driver for this card explicitely opens the
>>>I2C bridge in the 8290 before it tunes. I assume that the tuning
>>>command goes to the wrong tuner. I assume the tuner dor digital
>>>has the address 0xc0 (0x60 in the drivers notation).
>>>Please try the following:
>>>Replace the function: philips_tiger_pll_set
>>>
>>>by the following:
>>>
>>>static int philips_tiger_pll_set(struct dvb_frontend *fe, struct
>>>dvb_frontend_parameters *params)
>>>{
>>>        int ret;
>>>
>>>        ret = philips_tda827xa_pll_set(0x60, fe, params);
>>>        if (ret != 0)
>>>                return ret;
>>>};
>>>
>>>And see what happens.
>>>

>There might be more and just see Hartmut jumped in now,
>but anyways.
>
>Cheers,
>Hermann

Hi,
indeed replacing the original philips_tiger_pll_set() with the above one
fixes
almost all my problems: I can tune almost every frequency used here, except
all VHF ones.
I can't even complain of poor reception quality: it seems to be almost
as reliable as
with my Airstar2 :)

I wonder why Lifeview ships drivers with "Europa" labels in the INF
file: initialiazing
the card as "europa" it doesn't work in linux as it doesn't work in
windows! :)

Thanks Hartmutt and Hermann,

    Nico