[linux-dvb] KNC1-DVB-C - no frontend driver found

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 09:39:59PM +0100, Sven Lankes wrote:

Hi,

I'm still trying to get a KNC1-DVB-C card to work here - no luck.

I tried the card under windows (in this very machine) today and
there it works like a charm.

I have tried current cvs and some older snapshots (because someone told
me that the card works for him with an older kernel) - but no matter
what I do I always end up with:

> DVB: TDA10021: tda10021_readreg: readreg error (ret == -121)
> budget-av: A frontend driver was not found for device 1131/7146
> subsystem 1894/0020

in my dmesg (full dmesg: http://killefiz.de/knc1.dmesg).

I'm still lost. The card works under windows and there are a couple of
posts in the archive where people have (had) the card working. I have no
idea where to go from here.

I'm still working on the assumption that I don't need a firmware for the
card - google doesn't find anything wrt. the used chips and firmware and
if I read the source correctly the TDA10021 doesn't need a firmware.
Also hotplug doesn't look for a firmware.

If you have the slightest idea what I could try to get further here
please let me know (killefiz@freenode in #linuxtv if you prefer that).

I am also interested in hearing from people who have the card working
with a current (2.6.15) kernel - maybe there is a regression somewhere
outside of the dvb-code.

--
Sven Lankes <sl@xxxxxxxxxxx> - Jabber: killefiz@xxxxxxxxxxx