[linux-dvb] Another Twinhan VP20310 problem: me too!: SUCCES!!! sort of...

Bas Neggers wrote:

>Update:
>
>as seen before on
>http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-September/004871.html,
>tuning, scanning and viewing of FTA channels now seem to work (using Xine).
>But now the encrypted channels seem to be unavailable, xine does not show
>them (buffering 100% > 0% > game over). We have about 10 FTA on cable here,
>rest is encrypted :(
>I have a CI module (AlphaCrypt 3.05) and Smart Card, they work under windows
>(with Software and drivers from TwinHan only) since I can watch all
>encrypted channels.
>
>So apparently the CI module isn't working properly in linux, or am I missing
>something?

To view scrambled channels, you need to use a userspace application to
enable the descrambling, you can try ca_zap out for that. Before that
you can check whether your module is recognized by using the dst_test
application to get the module status.

You can also go through the the documentation,
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/Documentation/dvb/ci.txt?rev=1.4&view=markup

Manu