[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy Hybrid T USB XS: new Information

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Markus Rechberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just analyzed the analog tv logfile, everything looks quite clear to me.
> this device could get supported by the em28xx driver if someone could
> get me a testdevice(which would be the fastest way) I could try to get
> the analog part done at least (that's what I looked at). The DVB Part
> shouldn't be too hard too since we can get everything from the
> logfiles.

Yes, of course it is possible to get everything from the log-file and most
of the time it is faster to get "something" working than asking but, IMHO,
we should always ask the vendor (if known) first if he wants to support
Linux/OpenSource and when he is keeping silent or rejects we still can
extract it from the logs.

The qualitiy of drivers created only using logs is most likely far from
acceptable, especially when components are very complex in regards of
programming.

Just my opinion,
Patrick.

--