[linux-dvb] patch collection for Kernel 2.6.16-rc1

Uwe Bugla wrote:
> Now this time I stuck very closely to that rule: Edgar Toernig claimed he
> had tested this collection that you do not appreciate on several Twinhan
> cards. And I tested this collection with an original Pinnacle PCTVSAT. So

We are working on this issue for a real solution, rather than a
treatment of the symptom.

> Now what I am still missing is a small little tool to measure the signal
> strength coming in through my dish. This tool should have an acoustic output
> help tuning the dish for optimal input.
> Question: Does anybody here know whether such a tool already exists?

Use femon's (dvb-apps) output value to make a metronome application,
should not be too hard .. use the value to control the metronome's
frequency or interval. Assuming the card provides proper statistics.

> Is it possible to program such a tool hardware-independent and adapt it to
> the special needs of the specific card requirements?

Yes, what i said is 100% independent. you can adapt it whatever way you
want.

Manu