[linux-dvb] patch collection for Kernel 2.6.16-rc1

Uwe Bugla schrieb:
<skip most of the rant>
> To make it ultimately clear excuse me please for setting up the following
> sarcastic comparison:
> Image you own a flat and I come by to hack down a carrying wall out of
> whatever reason. And if you start asking why I'm doing this I keep very
> cool, apologize for synchronization problems, for lack of time, for only
> doing this in my spare time and whatever else. And then I continue with:
> "Well, perhaps I come by in 3 months again, and perhaps I will rebuild your
> flat then. But I ain't sure, that is why I say: Perhaps. Bye Bye!"

You make it sound as if somebody _intentionally_ tries to make things not work for you.
You might keep in mind that all this work is is done by humans.
And nobody is perfect, thats why it is _always_ possible that somebody introduces a bug.
But I think nobody _intentionally_ will break a driver, thats why your comparison doesn't
really fit.

(and when testing -rc kernels, especially -rc1, you should always expect that something
doesn't work and report that back to the responsible people)

> And at last I want to thank Andrew Morton who took himself a little time to
> teach me the difference between a bad kernel patch on the one hand and a
> professional and excellent one on the other.
And you still sent your patch as base64 encoded attachment not as plain text?
With no description what is changes?
Sending some personal rant about something and attaching a patch is imho by far the worst
attempt to get something fixed :/.