[linux-dvb] Hauppuage HVR1100 analog tv sound problem

Csaba Paradi wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I am new to v4l2, dvb and to this list so maybe my question is dumb, sorry.

The video4linux mailing list is a more appropriate venue for this
question (cc added)

>I have tried Steve Toth's patch for Hauppauge HVR 1100.
>The dvb-t stuff is working correctly with tzap and with mythtv also.
>
>I have problems with the analog side's tv sound. I can tune channels,
>the picture's quality is bad ( I can make it better with the hue setting
>), but I have no sound at all.

DMA audio over the PCI bus is not yet supported by the cx88 driver --
it's currently being worked on.  If you card has an analog audio out
connector, then you'll have to connect it to your soundboard in order to
hear analog audio.  I don't think the HVR1100 has analog audio out --
not sure about that one, sorry.

>I'm using the cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/video4linux cvs v4l-dvb trunk and
>
>modprobe tuner tuner_debug=1
>modprobe tda9887 debug=1  pal=bg
>modprobe cx8800 video_debug=1 irq_debug=1 vbi_debug=1
>modprobe cx88-dvb debug=1
>
>The dmesg output is says the following:
>tda9887 0-0043: Unsupported tvnorm entry - audio muted
>
>( the dmesg output is at the end )
>( the lcpci -vn output is at the end also )
>
>The television standard is for hungary: PAL-BG

Well, that's interesting.....  I can't explain what that message above
means, maybe someone on the v4l list would care to dive in?

>I've tried change audio settings with v4lctl, the result is same with
>mythtv and tvtimes, there is no sound.

Regardless, analog audio will not work on cx88 cards yet without an
audio cable connected to the sound board.

>I have a Pinnacle PCTV pro card also and the sound is working in the
>card's line out port connected to the sound card's line in.
>The dvb-t side is mythtv is working with sound so generally the sound
>card ( Creative Audigy2 NX ) is working correctly.
>
>Can anybody help ?

Give it a few months (i hope)...

>Thanks is advance !

Cheers,