[linux-dvb] Linux DVB on Mac PowerPC (Yellow Dog Linux - Freecom USB and DEC2000-t)

Johannes,

On 10 Dec 2005, at 20:31, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

[Freecom problem]

> Maybe Patrick could comment, but I guess this -110 error isn't
> a serious problem if I interpreted google results correctly.
> Seems like your device works, Michael Hanke has a different
> problem.

It has suddenly started working fine. Previously using dvbstream
to record didn't tune properly (orange light on device instead of
the green "tuned and locked" one) and created a zero-length file.
Now it is fine and no saturation problems either so far, and using
the exact same command line as well, as recovered by shell
command line recall.

[DEC2000 problem]

> Can't see from the code why it would crash here (provided the
> calltrace
> isn't bogus). You could add a printk() just before the
> request_firmware() call in ttusb_dec_boot_dsp() to check if the
> parameters are sane. Or just generally sprinkle some printk()
> in there to find the reason for the crash.

I'll try your suggestions. Most likely a byte ordering issue I guess,
being PowerPC.

Thanks,

Tim.