[linux-dvb] Re: PATCH: Nebula DigiTv PCI Remote Control support

Richard Wall wrote:
> On 01/10/05 04:12 Mark Weaver wrote:
>> I've attached a patch that has this working well for me.  This consists
>> of a new module, ir-kbd-nebula, and a patch against a few existing bttv
>> files to support it.  I could not see how to sensibly glue this code
>> into ir-kbd-gpio as it is very different from the method most cards use.
>
> Mark,
>
> I was trying to upgrade to linux-kernel-2.6.15-rc5, but am having
> trouble applying your Nebula PCI DigiTv IR  patch.
> http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-October/005154.html
>
> I've been through it, and all your changes seem to have been applied to
> the kernel tree except the extra ir-kbd-nebula.c and it's entry in the
> video/Makefile.
>
> I tried simply adding these in, but get an error when compiling. (see below)
>
> I don't really know what I'm doing and wondered if you (or anyone on the
> list) had an uptodate patch or advice on how to get it working.
>
> Thanks,
It's already been merged into the v4l tree, so it will eventually end up
in the mainline kernel.  You could wait until then, or you could just
compile the v4l modules against 2.6.15 (they have integrated the code
back into ir-kbd-gpio).

HTH,

Mark