[linux-dvb] Freecom usb DVB-T Tuning Success!!

Hi All

I now have this working under SUSE 10.0 Stock kernel 2.6.13-15,
Yast However will not find it, but driver loads, and as long as you put
the firmware into /lib/firmware.

The problem seems to be that the USB stick is very sensitive. When
plugged into my aerial distribution system
which works fine with several DVB Cards and several Freeview set top
boxes the signal is overwhelming the
freecom device  under Linux (Under windows it works).

I discovered this when I went to unplug the arial from the usb-dvb-t
stick and it tuned when the arial was not connected!!
and was held approx 0.5cm away from the socket on the stick! how
sensitive is that!

I then put the aerial downlead through a passive splitter, and hey
presto it came to life ( I assume this reduces the signal strength)
Works fine in Kaffeine, Scans nicely.
It also seems to be of very high quality and switches channels
V-fast.Channel guide works also

Next stop multiple freecom sticks under Myth TV.

Mike C