[linux-dvb] Slow control data from dvb-usb (VP7045)

Hi Jeremy,

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Jeremy Nysen wrote:
> The control data requests for dvb-usb devices (I'm testing with a VP7045
> device) is quite slow. Each request can take a few hundred milliseconds to
> complete and return data. This gets longer when multiple data bytes are
> requested from the frontend. eg. generating 3 requests for 3 register bytes
> of AGC information for the MT352 in the device can take a whole second. If I
> perform 6 requests it takes twice as long.

Reading the MT352 is an extension, which is (afair) not done in the
Windowsdriver made by Twinhan. Additionally I have a large msleep in every
read-function, because reads are failing "all the time". You can try to
reduce the read-delay in vp7045.c to an optimal value.

best regards,
Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx