[linux-dvb] Slow control data from dvb-usb (VP7045)

Hi,

The control data requests for dvb-usb devices (I'm testing with a VP7045
device) is quite slow. Each request can take a few hundred milliseconds
to complete and return data. This gets longer when multiple data bytes
are requested from the frontend. eg. generating 3 requests for 3
register bytes of AGC information for the MT352 in the device can take a
whole second. If I perform 6 requests it takes twice as long.

This is not an inherent problem in the device, as these operations are
fast under MS Windows.

Has anyone noticed this and/or is there an existing fix?

Cheers,
Jeremy