[linux-dvb] Re: backwards compatability -was- actual cvs broken?

I demand that Philip Prindeville may or may not have written...

[snip]
> Given that NTSC is going dark in the US in another 14 months (no idea if
> there are still any analog transmitters in Europe or not),

There are. Here (UK), the plan is to switch off analogue TV transmissions
region by region between 2008 and 2012.

Of course, it might yet hang around for as long as the old 405-line
transmissions did. :-)

> perhaps we should move the glue logic into DVB, and make the analog capture
> functionality be the optional part?

I'd say so. Analogue capture will still be of some use beyond the end of
broadcast NTSC (when it becomes Always the Same Colour?), broadcast PAL etc.
due to old video cassette recorders, old computers etc.

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   We've got Souness, we don't want him

Hardware: what you kick. Software: what you'd *like* to kick.