[linux-dvb] Keep bitrates below 10Mbps...

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 10:37:12AM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

> >- Most of the time the bitrate on the video-pid is quite low (about
> > 2000..3500 TS packets per second, which gives something below 7MBps).
> > But sometimes (every 10..20 minutes) the bitrate raises dramatically[2]
> > for a couple of seconds (sometimes just one second, sometimes up to 20
> > seconds) and comes down again to the 2000..3500 range.  I really don't
> > understand what is going on here.  How come this dramatic raise without
> > increase in the motion or in picture-details?  Is this raise really
> > caused by the video stream?
>
> Since the TS is constituted of more than the Video ES, the bandwidth
> occupied might very well depend on other factors.

Sorry,  I should have stated more clearly that this bitrate-raise is only
on the video-pid (pid 101).

> I remember Johannes once saying that the EIT rate on the German Das
> Erste is quite high.

But isn't the EIT on a completely different PID?  Thus the EIT should
have no impact on this raise.

> >I would like to try this recoding (TS->PS).  Extracting PES from the TS
> >is not really a probem.  But unfortunately, I could not find any
> >description how PS streams are to be constructed.  Any pointers?
>
> You can probably, check out replex from the Metzler bros,
> http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb

I'll take a look at it.  But since I need to do it on the fly (since I want
live-streams) I'll probably need to roll my own.

I found a description in iso13818-1 section 2.5, but this is somewhat hard
to read =:)  Are any more comprehensive descriptions avalable?

--
No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com
-- Josef Wolf -- jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx --