[linux-dvb] [patch] dvbscan : make use of TID

Please do not top post!
http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 10:39:05AM +0200, bluedrops wrote:
> I applied this patch which solves null TID problem. However, I still
> have a problem with NID. It's strange because NID's seems to be mixed
> in channels.conf. This is a BIG issue because when I do a transponder
> scan in VDR, it finds the same channels again because of different
> (but right) NID BUT sets VPID and APID to 0. So there are a lot of
> duplicate unusable channels. It is also strange that when a do a
> single transponder scan with "dvbscan -c" used in conjunction with
> szap, the NID seems correct.
>
> Here is an example :
> Hotbird 6 (13.0E) - 11662.00 V
> Channels are NID 318 instead of 176

Quite likely the SI data on Hotbird is inconsistent, e.g. the NITs
sent on different transponders contain differernt NIDs for the
same multiplex. However, I don't have time to look into this, and
I don't even have SAT receiption...
dvbscan should take the NID only from the NIT entry for the
transponder it is currently tuned to (check parse_nit()).

HTH,
Johannes