[linux-dvb] Re: DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Gold

Scott Ruckh wrote:
>>^^^^^^^^  This is the problem.  It is the same bug as here:
>>
>>http://spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg20720.html
>>
>>This is due to a problem created by the new tda8290/8275a code.
>>
>>Until Hartmut or Mauro fix this, I suggest that you should download the
>>last video4linux snapshot from
>>
>>http://www.linuxtv.org/download/video4linux/video4linux-20051011.tar.gz
>>
>>Follow all the same directions in the Wiki-Howto, except do:
>>
> Exact same error after following your link, and remaking modules.

Then the problem is specific to your system.  I will need ssh access in
order to help you any further... Unless a solution comes to someone
else's mind.

>>>Are cx8800 and cx88-dvb the only modules that need to be loaded for the
>>>DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Gold?
>>
>>No.
>
> No hint here?  I will look around.

You dont need the answer to this, but I guess I might as well waste more
of my time:

The only module you need to worry yourself about is cx88-dvb

video4linux uses a tos of modules, none of which I care to type out
right now.  There is no doubt that those modules are loading for you
already.

Some modules specific to FusionHDTV5 Gold (in addition to all other v4l
modules):

cx88??
cx88-dvb
tda9887
lgdt330x
dvb-pll

Dont bother modprobing them separately -- they will all get loaded from
the load of cx88xx and cx88-dvb.

>>>I see this line gets added to modprobe.conf:
>>>
>>>alias char-major-81 cx8800
>>>
>>>How to I make cx88-dvb persistent between boots.
>>
>>It loads up automatically for me and I never did anything special...
>>I've heard you can do it by using /etc/modprobe.conf ... or was is
>>/etc/modprobe.conf ... i forget.  See the appropriate man pages.
>
> cx88-dvb does not automatically load between boots for me.  I will take a
> look at modprobe.conf.  I did not know if the alias name was important.
>
>>Good Luck,
>
> It appears like I am going to need it.

If all else fails, here's a cop out... 2.6.14-rcX has full support for
FusionHDTV5 Gold, without the need for ANY code in cvs.

--
Michael Krufky