[linux-dvb] compro dvbt-300 problems

Hi Kayno,

> - for some reason, as i think andy found, i had to copy all .c and .h
> files from dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/ into
> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.12-1.1398_FC4-i686/drivers/. im not so sure about
> this step... i mightbe missing something or barking up the wrong tree

That's right - not quite certain myself but I think the FC4 kernel-devel
package only includes the "Makefile" and "Kconfig" files for the kernel
tree. The actual source (.c and .h files) are contained in
"kernel-2.6....FC4.src.rpm". Section 6.2.2 of the FC4 Release Notes give
details on this; see
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc4/#sn-kernel.

I followed the steps in 6.2.2.3 up to the end of step 3, and then copied the
contents of /usr/src/linux to /usr/src/kernels/<kernel-version>, answering
'no' to all the "overwirte existing file?" prompts.

Now the fact that your modules compiled at all means it could find the
required header files, but it's possible that it found either:
  1. The header files for a different kernel version; or
  2. The vanilla kernel files instead of the FC4-patched kernel files.

So I'd reccomend following the steps in the FC4 release notes (using
rpmbuild) as I'm certain this ensures that the kernel source produced is the
FC4 patched kernel (which your are running) as opposed to the vanilla kernel
(which you arent!).

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on...

Regards

Andy