[linux-dvb] DVB-T card for PCI-X

Ruediger Dohmhardt wrote:

> To answer your question: You can plug (2) and (3) into a PCI-X slot.
> Disadvantage: The whole PCI-X bus slows down to 33MHz, whenever it
> recognizes a single PCI-card.

Oh,.. thats bad,.. uhm is this sure? As I told my board hast 3 PCI-X
slots (2 with 100MHz and 1 with 133MHz) and one conventional PCI slot
(33MHz). I think the PCI and the PCI-X buses have each their own controller.
But if you're true and the wohle buse runs at the spead of the slowest
card, that would imply that if I'm using one of the two 100MHz slots
(with 100MHz PCI-X cards) than I wouldn't be able to use the 133MHz in
the 3rd slot.

> When the card "keying" is correct, only (2) and (3) can be plugged at
> all.
> Sometimes "keying" is incorrect. You can plug a 5V PCI-card into a
> motherboard with
> a 3.3V signalling environment and it may work,
> but it is neither reliable nor is it specified.

Is there a way to defenitely determine if a card is keyed correctly?

Regards,
Chris.

btw: Sorry for incorrect posting, but with the last three eMails I
didn't use Reply All,.. and the list didn't got CCed. So I had to repost
and now some of you got my eMails twice ;-)