[linux-dvb] Yakumo QuickStick frontend tuning problem

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Frank Breitling wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been trying to get a Yakumo QuickStick DVB-T (USB 2.0) running
>> with kernel 2.6.13.2. First I plugged in the stick and as the syslog
>> shows (attached below) the stick is recognized although "recv bulk
>> message failed: -110". Then I tried:
>> host:~$ dvbtune -f 1770000
>

> Are you really sure about 177 MHz and not 177.5 MHz?

This frequency was just an example. I can not tune to any frequency,
e.g. "dvbtune -f 522000" gives the same output.

> But when I tested the stick remotely (I don't own the stick) I also
> had problems to tune to VHF frequencies.

You would be very welcome to test the stick on my laptop, too.

> If possible, can you please try the stick with the same frequency in
> Windows?

I tested the stick already successfully under Windows XP and could
receive all channels.

>> So there seems to be a tuning problem related to the frontend. As
>> stated at
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#WideView.2FYakumo.2FHama.2FTyphoon.2FYuan_Boxes_and_Pens
>> the correct frontend should be "Zarlink MT352" which I compiled as
>> module into the kernel.
>

> You don't need to. The device indeed contains the MT352, but the
> programming is not done at driver level, but inside the firmware (also
> stated on the wiki page).

This part I did not understand from the wiki page.

>> However lsmod (attached below) shows that the mt352 module is not
>> loaded automatically when the stick was plugged in.
>

> When you compile the module into your kernel, then it won't be listed
> when calling lsmod.

To clearify, I compiled the driver as module. But if I understand you
correctly, this is not required for the Yakumo Quickstick. Is this correct?

>> Sep 24 21:50:52 neo vmunix: dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
>

> I think this is the first remote-control-poll, which fails, don't worry.

Good.

> regards,
> Patrick.
>
> --