[linux-dvb] Re: Flexcop (HD5000) dvr0 removes null pid?

Steve Malenfant wrote:
> Johannes,
>
> The problem I'm talking about here is the the new HD5000 seems to be
> generating "invalid" null pids when you disable the null pid filtering
> in the flexcop chip.  What I need to do to is receive the full transport
> stream, which actually.  I've contacted the manufacturer and
> we concluded that only the new HD5000 based on the LG frontend
> is experiencing this.  Looks like the frontend is generating the extra
> null pids.  This problem is only affecting people that needs to capture
> the full transport stream.  For those who are just watching TV, that's
> not an issue.
>
> For dvbsnoop, what I've done is only valid with this card and this is
> only a workaround for my own stuff.  I'm expecting that the LG frontend
> driver will be modified to fix this issue and this code will not be
> necessary.

Don't just sit around waiting for one of us to do it.  If you know what
you'd like changed, then please feel free to send a patch in to the
list.  It looks like the flexcop board is the only board that you can do
this with, that uses lgdt330x driver... Between Mac (original lgdt330x
author) and I , we only have the cx88 and bttv based boards that use
lgdt330x frontends.

--
Michael Krufky