[linux-dvb] Re: PATCH: Generic FE_DISHNETWORK_SEND_LEGACY_CMD support

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 10:34:52AM -0700, NooneImportant wrote:
> I guess the mailing list didn't like my mail formatting, as it blew
> away the text while keeping the patch.  Here is the text for
> posterity:
>
> I had been requested to add support for the legacy dish-network
> switches for other frontends besides the stv0299.  This patch does
> this using set_voltage commands in the case that
> fe->ops->dishnetwork_send_legacy_command isn't defined (as I've said
> before, at least the stv0299 based budget cards respond too slowly to
> a set_voltage for the generic method to work).  this will likely not
> work with all frontends, but hopefully will work with enough.

The text was there in the mail, but pipermail has problems
with multipart/alternative. Just don't send html in mails.

The other thing which was wrong with your mail was that the
attachment had Content-Type: application/octetstream instead
of text/plain.

So much about using a broken MUA.

Johannes