[linux-dvb] Re: PATCH: Generic FE_DISHNETWORK_SEND_LEGACY_CMD support

I guess the mailing list didn't like my mail formatting, as it blew
away the text while keeping the patch.  Here is the text for
posterity:

I had been requested to add support for the legacy dish-network
switches for other frontends besides the stv0299.  This patch does
this using set_voltage commands in the case that
fe->ops->dishnetwork_send_legacy_command isn't defined (as I've said
before, at least the stv0299 based budget cards respond too slowly to
a set_voltage for the generic method to work).  this will likely not
work with all frontends, but hopefully will work with enough.

The patch was archived here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20050922/9b76a2f4/legacy2.obj