[linux-dvb] DVB-APPS next official release???

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 Michael Krufky wrote:
> AFAIK, the latest official release of dvb-apps does NOT contain the
> later versions of these programs with atsc capability.
>
> As more and more ATSC cards are appearing on the market, and more and
> more ATSC drivers are showing up in dvb-kernel, it would be nice if we
> could get another official release update of dvb-apps, containing atsc
> capability (which is already in cvs).  I've noticed that the distros are
> including dvb-apps in their repositories, and it would be easier for
> many people if this update could happen, so that the distros can include
> ATSC-capable utilities.
>
> I'm not sure who's job that is....  but now ATSC in linux is a reality
> for us Americans/Koreans/whomever else uses atsc... Would be nice if the
> tools were available for the distros without the need to grab cvs.

I did the last releases, but I haven't got the time to
look into it.

TODO:
- find out the status of the libs in libs/ and lib/ to see if some
  of it is worth releasing (I guess not as the authors didn't officially
  announce it and are in limbo)
- summarize the changes into a NEWS file
- make sure it compiles and installs OK, with DESTDIR etc. and rpm support
- "make release" should work

The tell me to set a tag and upload the tarball.

Johannes