[linux-dvb] Re: How do I "use cx88xx with option card=19" ???

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 02:08:41PM +0200, Georg Mann wrote:
> > You may need to load cx88-dvb manually.
> Man, how do you know this? I am reading linuxtv.org all the time but did not
> find this information. Where can i find this infos?

Hmm. I've been using a cx88-dvb card for about 9 months, perhaps more. I
read about it somewhere before that, but I can't remember.

> I have no cx88-dvb Modul:
[..]
> I fear, I have to get it with a new kernel? Oh god, I just wanted to watch
> TV... it is beginning ti get a real quest...

Yes you need a new kernel..

Or you can get the video4linux and dvb CVS trees and compile the drivers
from those. But it seems like that is quite messy because cx88-dvb needs
both trees, not just the dvb tree.

Maybe Ubuntu will have a newer kernel that has the module. Unfortunately
the latest Debian kernel does not have that driver although I expect it
will be in the next version.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@xxxxxxxxxx> <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>