[linux-dvb] CableStar2 dont work (2.6.13 + dvb-kernel CVS)

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Johannes, would it be OK, if the CableStar2 stv0297-driver remains one or
> two weeks in CVS (maybe we even get some additional test results)? Maybe
> until Risto was able to merge both drivers or so?

Not it mainline. If you think you need this in CVS you can put
it on a branch, but frankly I don't see what that would buy
you (as opposed to just have a patch for download on linuxtv.org
or somewhere else, or just posting a patch to the list).

I fear that if this code is in mainline and is in a "works for me"
state, people will lose any interest in doing the merge.
Also, in the end I need to prepare patches from this to
send to the kernel, and having all the intermediate development
steps in CVS make this job much harder than necessary. (Compared
to the usual Linux development model where patches are sent to
list first, reviewed, discussed, improved, and in the end applied
by the maintainer.)
That's why I want it to be removed.

BTW, personally I think it sucks to have two differernt stv0297 drivers,
but I could live with it. But with my maintainer hat on I have
to reject this. If I'd send it unmerged to lkml it would most
certainly get rejected.

Johannes