[linux-dvb] Multicasting channels separately from a DVB mux

Christian Kaenzig wrote:

>Le Jeudi, 8 Septembre 2005 11:59, Richard ngn a ?crit :
>

>>I am currently using DVBstream to multicast an entire
>>mux from a DVB-t card as one transport stream. It
>>works fine however, it is causing some traffic
>>problems due to its 20+Mbits size.
>>
>>>From what I have read, we need to demux the big TS
>>
>>stream by PID and then remux it into smaller TS
>>streams.
>>

>I have written a simple streaming software in Python which can stream
>different pids to different hosts. It reads the ts stream from dvr0 and uses
>ts2ps to filter the pids (one instance of ts2ps per stream being sent).
>
>The problem is that ts2ps is quite buggy (and my own code too, I admit :-p)
>which leads to having to restart my program quite often and it is therefore
>not really usable (at least not practical at all).
>

>>Before I got going, I just wanted to check this wasn't
>>already available somewhere else....?
>>

>My needs may not be exactly the same as yours, but I'd like to hear of some
>software able to remux ts, ps, or mpeg streams, eather from a sigle ts or
>separate audio and video streams. As I am writing, I am thinking of transcode
>which might be able to do that. I'll have to check that sometime.
>
>Christian

as I wrote to Richard in a different list, dvbstream, with its very flexible
mechanism to filter and repeat pids on different outputs, is a good tool;
if  the bandwidth is so high is because Richard is streaming the whole TS,
not only the part of it he's interested in.
Just selecting the right pids will probably solve his problems.

Mencoder from cvs can remux TS to PS on the fly, with different profiles,
although my PS muxer is still very far from perfect (writing an mpeg muxer
is a dismaying task).

    Nico

 Sponsor:
 Telefona con TELE2. Risparmia sulle tue telefonate urbane, interurbane, internazionali e verso i cellulari
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3756&d=8-9