[linux-dvb] or51132 QAM initialization problem

I am resending this message as it failed to show up on the
linux-dvb list after 12 hours.

The fix is probably the same as I used on lgdt330x. There is
an optimization that keeps track of the frequency tuned by
the digital decoder. The digital driver does not set the
frequency if it has not changed since it was tuned. The
analog tuner driver knows nothing about the frequency saved
by the digital driver. When the frequency is set using the
video4linux code with tvtime, the hardware get changed but
the digital driver's state does not get updated. Switch
back to the same digital channel and the driver finds no
change in frequency so the tuner is not reset to the
digital frequency. The work around is to remove the check
and always set the tuner to the specified frequency.

Attached is an untested patch:

Signed-off-by Mac Michaels <wmichaels1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<SOAPBOX> This is an issue that I have raised previously. I
think that the tuner driver should be shared between
video4linux and dvb for cards of this type. The
optimization of tuning will then work properly. I already
have this working for the lgdt330x but some folks consider
it bad style. </SOAPBOX>

-- Mac