[linux-dvb] or51132 QAM initialization problem

Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> I have a pcHDTV 3000 card, and it works fine with the cx88-dvb and
> cx8800 drivers; I can receive both digital and analog content. However,
> after switching to 'analog' mode, I can't go back directly into digital
> mode.
>
> If I have the QAM firmware loaded, and then go to NTSC, locking onto a
> QAM station again does not work. However, if I load up a VSB station
> (thus loading the VSB firmware), then the lock is acquired. I can then
>
> My theory is that the cx8800 driver changes something behind cx88-dvb's
> back (or cx88-dvb does not initialize something properly upon start of a
> capture but does so upon loading of firmware), and thus is unable to
> lock onto the signal.
>
> The sequence of events is as follows, in case the description above was
> unclear:
>
> azap -r qam_chan (locks)
> tvtime (viewing works)
> azap -r qam_chan (does not lock)
> azap -r vsb_chan (locks)
> azap -r qam_chan (locks)

I had the same exact problem using the original lgdt3302 driver (based
on or51132) with DViCO FusionHDTV3 Gold-T.  It is more likely that the
problem is within the or51132 frontend driver, rather than in cx88-dvb,
as this was the case with lgdt3302. Maybe the problem in lgdt3302 came
from the original or51132 design?  Any ideas Mac?  Maybe the same type
of fix can be applied?  I have cc'd Kirk Lapray, or51132 author.

--
Michael Krufky