[linux-dvb] Re: hybrid DViCO FusionHDTV5 Lite: dvb-bt8xx + lgdt330x + dvb-pll

On Monday 22 August 2005 12:26 am, Michael Krufky wrote:
> I have been trying to enable support for DViCO FusionHDTV
> 5 Lite into dvb-bt8xx, using lgdt330x and dvb-pll.  I am
> pretty sure that I have done everything correctly, but I
> dont have a working "lgdt330x_set_ts_param" although I
> dont think I need one, as the bttv has no mpeg chip.  Am
> I wrong about this?  If so, how can I write this
> function?

It is unique to the cx23880x chips and not used here.

> Analog functions are working on this board already
> without a flaw.  The video4linux portion of this code can
> be found in video4linux cvs, bttv card 0x87 (135).
> However, with dvb, I am getting an error (see all the way
> down below), and the frontend driver does not get
> detected.  I am sure that I have the i2c address correct,
> and I got my gpio values from playing with both regspy
> and btspy.  Any ideas?

The failure in the test to see if the lgdt330x chip could be
read with i2c. There are 2 ways I have seen this fail.

1) Wrong i2c address. Probably not the problem here. 0x0e is
hardware default and used on the Gold version of this card.

2) Chip is being held in the reset state by a GPIO pin. A
likely candidate. In order for the chip to respond the
hardware reset pin 27 must be pulled high to a "1". You
need to figure out where pin 27 of the lgdt3303 chip is
connected to the bt88xx chip. That will be a difficult
since the lgdt3303 chip is inside the tuner's metal box. My
first guess would be gpio[0] just like all the other
FusionHDTV cards. Note that there is also some reset code
in cx88-dvb.c. It must leave the appropriate GPIO pin set
to a 1.

-- Mac