[linux-dvb] Linux don't recognize my DiBcom usb box

El Jueves, 18 de Agosto de 2005 16:18, Patrick Boettcher escribi?:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Daniel [utf-8] Mart?nez Ruiz wrote:
> > Yes, you're correct. I'm using then 1.1.1. Sorry by the mistake.
>
> That can't be, too. There is also no dibusb-driver in the 1.1.1 release.

Eh? I download that driver from internet, and it shows the 1.1.1 release.
Maybe the name is wrong, but I think I'm using that version, and the
usb-drivers are in.

> >> The DiBcom EVA3000MC1-D2 is a reference design made by DiBcom with the
> >> DiB3000MC demodulator. So far no one ever reported that the
> >> dibusb-driver in Linux is working with it.
>
> I think I was wrong here. The EVA3000MC is a diversity board, right? So it
> has at least two demods? This is not, yet, supported by the linux driver
> anyway.

Yes, the board have 2 demods, so you're right.

> I'm not sure about the interface of the EVA3000MC and how similar it is to
> USB boxes I have. I think you should ask DiBcom for help on this. As far
> as I know DiBcom provides specific linux software for their development
> reference devices.

I have asked DiBcom for help me about the drivers. I have received the answer
just today (not really DiBcom, a manufacturer of their boards) and they said
that there is NO drivers for linux for this board. They could send me the
driver source for Windows (I don't know if this source is public and either I
can public it for help).

Do you know how complicated is to develop the driver for linux with this
source (either it could simplify the develop), or from beginning? How could
it cost?

Thanks a lot for your time, Patrick.
Danny