[linux-dvb] Linux don't recognize my DiBcom usb box

Hi, Patrick,

Thanks for your help. I nice you help cause I use your How-to on web about the drivers install.

El Jueves, 18 de Agosto de 2005 14:37, Patrick Boettcher escribi??:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Daniel Mart????nez Ruiz wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > First, sorry by my poor English.
> >
> > I have a usb box with a *DiBcom EVA3000MC1-D2* with *usb 2.0* over a
> > *SUSE 9.3*, that is a* linux kernel 2.6.11.4-21.8*. I have completed the
> > steps to make and configure the driver. Those steps were:
> >
> >   * Download dvb-kernel from linuxtv. The CVS doesn't work with this
> >     kernel version, so I download the 1.1.0 version.
> >   * Compile the dvb-kernel, without errors.
> >   * Copy the firmware. I don't sure what is the appropiate firmware
> >     for this box, but all *dvb-usb* firmware was copied.
> >   * Execute the insmod load, with only one verbose error about a
> >     driver I think is not needed for my box. This is the result:
>
> You are saying, that you use the 1.1.0 (which would not work for anyway,

Yes, you're correct. I'm using then 1.1.1. Sorry by the mistake.

> the dibusb-drivers aren't in there), but then this error message:
> >   Inserting DVB modules into kernel
> >   FATAL: Module crc32 not found.
> >   insmod: error inserting './dvb-usb-digitv.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in
> >   module
>
> This error can only happen, when you are using very recent dvb-kernel from
> CVS....
>
> Can you please check, not just for us, what exactly you are doing ;)?

First of all, I downloaded the CVS version, but I reject it cause the kernel version needed was 2.6.13.rc5 (or someone similar). Instead downloading and recompiling that realease candidate kernel, I chose to get older version of dvb-kernel, the 1.1.1 (sorry again).

> > Looking for /var/log/messages using dmesg, all the drivers show the same
> > error (or warning, I don't know), specially the drivers I think I need:
>
> The DiBcom EVA3000MC1-D2 is a reference design made by DiBcom with the
> DiB3000MC demodulator. So far no one ever reported that the dibusb-driver
> in Linux is working with it.
>
> I assume it has different USB IDs, so they have to be added.
>
> Can you please plug in the device and run lsusb and send the output?

Ok, I executed the lsusb and the output was:

Bus 004 Device 006: ID 04b4:8613 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

This output is ok. Let me explain. The box is not a REAL box. I'm developing in this device and I have the cards over my table. The DiBcom EVA3000MC have a MPEG-2 output, and there is another card to convert the MPEG-2 output to an USB 2.0 output. This card is also given by DiBcom, but I see a chip with that description (CY7C68013...)

Then, I have now the ID (04b4:8613). What can I do with it? Is it possible that this ID-missing caused my problem?

> The firmware you will need is called dvb-usb-dibusb-6.0.0.8.fw . I'm also
> not sure if this firmware will work with the 3000MC, but it is worth a
> try.

Yes. That firmware is at /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware.

> > At this point, I think the drivers doesn't work, but I'm not sure. Has
> > anyone the same error? Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
>
> Your problems are normal for a "new" device...

Uff...   :D   Thanks a lot.

> regards,
> Patrick.
>
> --