Clarify Menuconfig question (Was Re: [linux-dvb] Avermedia 771 and kernel 2.6.13-rc6)

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 12:49:59PM -0400, Michael Krufky wrote:
> Johannes-
>
> This minor Kconfig fix might be good for 2.6.13 ... it may help to
> reduce confusion... If you dont fix this before I get home tonight, I'll
> commit a change to cvs.

Please do, I'm busy with other things atm. If you want it to
go into 2.6.13 you'll also want to send this patch to akpm yourself.

> Unrelated, I sent you an email a few weeks ago
> asking you not to submit lgdt330x changes upstream until the cx88-dvb
> counterpart is ready.  As of now, 2.6.13 DOES include recent versions of
> both cx88-dvb and lgdt330x, and there are some minor fixes inside
> lgdt330x that can be merged upstream whenever you feel like sending more
> patches.  These recent changes don't need to go right now, but I am just
> giving you the heads up that we arent held back by cx88-dvb any
> longer... the v4l & dvb trees are in sync again, with respect to
> cx88-dvb.  (the dependency problems are gone, for now)  Any changes from
> this point on can be merged at your leisure, unless the interface
> changes again.

I won't send any patches before 2.6.13 is out. Also, I lost
track what you submitted to -mm and what not, so please
feel free to send lgdt330x related patches yourself.

Thanks,
Johannes