[linux-dvb] AVerTV-771 not working anymore

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

>Ronny Peine wrote:
>

>>Jim Jowski wrote:
>>

>>>As dumb as it might sound, try reseating the card.  I've seen too many
>>>problems with intermittent hardware in the past 30 years that have
>>>been fixed by a reseat.
>>>

>>Yes i tried this with patching the mt352 sources as mentioned in a
>>previous mail. I thought that the mt352 driver doesn't reset the card
>>correctly and therefor old registervalues are stored in the card and
>>kicks ass i2c but it didn't help. Maybe a reset at the end of
>>module-unloading of mt352 could prevent these readreg errors.
>>

>I think by "reseating" he meant to put the card in a
>different PCI slot.
>
>Johannes

Actually, I meant take it out of the slot and put it back into the same
slot but if you want to change slot; have at it.  :^)

It was meant to be a hardware thing.

Jim

Words to live by for all of us                   | /~\ The ASCII
http://medjugorje.hr.nt4.ims.hr                  | \ / Ribbon Campaign