[linux-dvb] AVerTV-771 not working anymore

Hi,

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Just week or so ago someone reported that the 771 works with "Gentoo's
> latest 2.6.12 with the 2.6.12 patches from the linuxtv.org download site":
> http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-July/003777.html
>
> The patches haven't changed since then, so maybe it's something
> in Gentoo's kernel? Maybe you might want to try plain 2.6.13-rc6,
> or diff dvb-bt8xx.c, bttv-i2c.c and bttv-cards.c with versions
> from the last kernel which worked for you. If the card just
> stopped working without you changing the driver/kernel then
> it's probably just dying. Or maybe a heat problem? Or flaky
> power supply?

Well i think the power supply and dvb-t card are working correctly and i
don't see any problems. I have changed my motherboard from asus a7v880
to abit nf7-s2g and than the problems began. The card is working
sporadically and that is worst which can happen because it is not
deterministic for me from where the errors occures. My card is now
working at the moment but if i switch off the pc maybe the next reboot
will give me an error. Even bios changes haven't succeeded in anything.
So i don't know what is causing the problem in detail. My temperatures
are quite low here so i wouldn't say it's a heat problem, the power
supply is a bequiet 350W, it is a very good one and 350W for my
athlon-xp is more than enough. I am thinking that it's a problem of the
board/bios but i don't understand why the card works sporadically, even
though everything else works as expected. If anyone has an idea or a
similar problem it would be nice to hear. Maybe i should consider to
change the board, but i don't have the money for this now.