[linux-dvb] AVerTV-771 not working anymore

Ronny Peine wrote:

> i have a quite annoying problem.
> Sometimes my dvb-t card works quite well after a boot,
> but mostly it errors out with:
>
> mt352_read_register: readreg error (reg=127, ret==-5)
> dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for device 109e/0878
> subsystem 1461/0771
>
> As you can see i have an avertv dvb-t 771 (i worked on the mt352
> driver, thanks for wolgang jost for his good work).
>
> My kernel is 2.6.12-gentoo-r6. I think the problem maybe has something
> to do with my mainboard or its bios. I testet some older bios versions
> and the latest one, but the problem doesn't go away. Even
> kernelparameters like noapic, acpi=off and
> pci=bios/nobios,usepirqmask,noacpi don't improve the situation.
>
> All modules are working properly except of mt352, as you can see here:

Ronny-

I don't know for sure, but here is a guess...

I am aware that mt352 driver has been changed recently... Why dont you
try applying the latest dvb-kernel snapshot, located here:

http://linuxtv.org/download/patches/2.6.12/DVB-2.6.12.patch.gz

Maybe this will fix your problem.  If you are still having problems
after this, let us know.

--
Michael Krufky