[linux-dvb] Support for Technotrend DVB-C CI budget card (13c2:1010)

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Friday 05 Aug 2005 13:48, Simo Kivim?ki wrote:
>
>>Is there any specifications somewhere that would help? How about
>>investigating what register values Windows driver uses. Is it for
>>example possible to read them from the i2c bus?
>

> OK, what is the reliability like for >QAM64 under windows?

I don't have QAM64 available so I cannot compare but tuning works quite
well. Sometimes changing mux takes time (about 5 seconds) but usully
it's about 2 seconds. The software is quite unstable so I'm not sure
what is due to it and hardware.

> There is a way to sniff the i2c bus yes:
> http://warmcat.com/milksop/cheapi2c.html

Ok, I try that when I come home after this weekend.

> This is a very simple parallel port based i2c sniffer - the guy who gave me
> ssh access to his box in order to develop the new budget CI card used it on
> his windows PC, and the trace was invaluable.

So that's the way how the driver is made, maybe I can found some new
information about register values when signal is QAM128.

Would it be useful that you could access my computer by ssh? If yes, we
need to consider it if I cannot i2c sniff anything useful.