[linux-dvb] KNC1 DVB-S Plus

On Sunday 31 Jul 2005 12:05, Julian Scheel wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 31. Juli 2005 01:18 schrieben Sie:
> > Thats right -- but its already supposedly being done in the driver :(
> >
> > Hmm, I reckon the CI code is mixing up the non-CI cards.. I was having a
> > problem like this with my KNC-1-S (nonplus) with CI module.
> >
> > According to the budget-av.c, the GPIOs for CI are connected as follows:
> >  * 0 - Vcc/Reset (Reset is controlled by capacitor)
> >  * 1 - Attribute Memory
> >  * 2 - Card Enable (Active Low)
> >  * 3 - Card Detect
> >
> > However, I also found that GPIO2 controls the frontend on my DVBT card as
> > well as the CI module card enable :(
> >
> > Try adding in:
> >                         saa7146_setgpio(saa, 2, SAA7146_GPIO_OUTLO);
> >
> > in budget-av.c/frontend_init() in the bit where it does
> > "Enable / PowerON Frontend"
> >
> > and see if that helps.
> >
> > Can you explain what the card does - i.e. in "video" mode, can you see a
> > DVB signal at all - or is it only video in from the analogue connector on
> > the card? I  seem to remember it was either-or, but I can't remember
> > which GPIO does the switching.
>
> I tried the additional GPIO2 control, but it didn't help  - I still get the
> message, that no frontend was found.
> I am not sure if the card does either video or dvb mode - For video input
> it has an S-VHS connector.
>
> The i2cdetect data hasn't changed with the GPIO2 control, too.
>
> I wasn't able to spot an stv0299b-chipset on the card, but this may be,
> because of the closed tuner-box, so I can't look into it.

Yup, I thought as much.

Are you able to run the card under windows? If so, can you tune it to a DVB
station using the windows software, and then run saa7146dump from:

http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/saa7146dump-0.1.zip

For your card it would be:

saa7146dump 0x1894 0x0011 0x68 0

It won't work on XP SP2 sorry :( I must fix that sometime.

This will generate a dump of all the card hardware registers - post it here so
we can see how they're setting it up.