[linux-dvb] Glitches with Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-T?

Hi, Andrew

> Ah right. I seem to have a good signal here - good for me, but not for
> debugging this sort of thing. Hmm, I wonder if I could rig up something to
> reduce the signal quality a bit.

Well, reducing the amplitude is easy, but things become interesting with
echoes etc and that's not easy. You might use an indoor antenna, but the
results might not be reproduceable.

> I reckon you should try playing with the frequency offset correction registers
> in the tda10046.. if the crystal is quite far off, you may be able to correct
> for it by varying those. The chip seems to have an auto-find-offset mode and
> also a set static offset mode.
>
> I'm talking about the AUTOOFFSET stuff in reg 0x01-0x05, and maybe also
> registers 0x4d, 0x4e, 0x3e.

Indeed. But i think i should go through the whole tuning procedure again.
But unfortunately, a day has only 24 hours and i have to earn my salary as
well...
I hope that i can avoid a manual offset compensation. I see the problem that
if i want to implement it in the tuning procedure, i need to wait until
the decoder has locked and this might take long.
But if i come to the opinion that i need to do so, i will come back to your
proposal.

Best regards
    Hartmut