[linux-dvb] Re: cx88-dvb fails with DVICO Fusion HDTV ?? mt352 frontend ??

Viktor Avramov wrote:

>I have the DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T1....
>
>I am not kidding when I say this has been broken for me since Dec 7th CVS
>snapshot... I have been running that snapshot up until recently upgrading to
>kernel 2.6.12 (now video4linux CVS won't compile)....

Please show us some of the compiler error messages... We need to see the
topmost error message (and the next few lines, at least) in order to
determine what is causing this problem.  If it has anything to do with
the new mt352 code changes, then please follow the instructions in the
email Subject:

[ANNOUNCE] hybrid v4l / dvb tree dependency solution

I will post these instructions to the wiki later on....

>I have taken your advice on upgrading to 2.6.13... unfortunately, I can't run
>the vanilla -git4 snapshot because I can't find a reiser4 patch to apply just
>yet... so I tried 2.6.13-rc3-mm1... with exactly the same results.... here is
>the relevant output of dmesg...
>

>by all means, if there is any further diagnostic info I can fetch for you then
>let me know...  I'm keen to help in fixing this limitation... I'm going to
>try compiling to latest v4l CVS snapshot against this latest kernel and
>report back if I have any success....

When using 2.6.13 kernel, video4linux currently will only compile
against -mm tree, 2.6.13-rc2-mm2 and later.

--
Michael Krufky