[linux-dvb] Re: cx88-dvb fails with DVICO Fusion HDTV ?? mt352 frontend ??

Mac Michaels wrote:

>On Thursday 21 July 2005 08:15 am, Viktor Avramov wrote:
>

>>I own both a DVICO Fusion HDTV and a DNTV Live DVB cards
>>both of which are cx88 based cards... the last videolinux
>>snapshot that worked with both cards was December 7th...
>>ever since then, when I compile the new drivers, the DNTV
>>card works fine but the DVICO refuses to LOCK onto a
>>channel...
>>

>Which DViCO Fusion HDTV card do you have. There are a lot of
>them. The cx88-dvb driver only supports two:
>DViCO FusionHDTV 3 Gold-Q
>DViCO FusionHDTV 3 Gold-T
>
>I am working on the DViCO HDTV 5 series cards.

Not true: CX88-DVB supports a total of FOUR (as of 7/20/05) DViCO
FusionHDTV boards.

Viktor-

Is your board one of the two ATSC boards mentioned above, of is it one
of the DVB boards mentioned below:

DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T1
DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus

>>I have tried with numerous videolinux
>>releases... the problem now is that I run kernel 2.6.12
>>and I can no longer compile the Dec 7th version against
>>that kernel (incompatible dvb-kernel I presume)... so
>>this leaves me with one unuseable DVB card at the
>>moment...  Does anyone else use the cx88-dvb driver??  Do
>>you also have these problems??
>>
>>In an amateurish attempt to solve the problem myself, I
>>did a diff between the functioning Dec 7th and the non
>>functioning Dec 9th releases but there were a lot of code
>>changes and I simply could not narrow it down myself...
>>could the individuals that take part in the cx88-dvb
>>driver development get in touch so we can help fix this
>>problem please?

Also, you speak of December 7th and December 9th... Unless I've been
sleeping for five months, today is July 21, 2005.  Are you still having
these problems with more RECENT code???

Both of the DVB boards that I've listed above use the mt352 frontend.
There have been changes to the mt352 frontend code recently... Also, DVB
frontend code was recently removed from video4linux cvs... Is it
possible that you may be experiencing a versioning conlict???

Please try again, but do not use cvs.  Instead, please try the latest
kernel in -linus tree:

2.6.13-rc3-git4

This has all of the latest changes (in both video4linux [analog] and
linux-dvb [digital]) that could possibly affect your hardware... If you
are still having problems, please provide detailed bug reports so that
we can (hopefully) fix this before 2.6.13 mainline release.

--
Michael Krufky