[linux-dvb] Problems with DVB-S TT rev 1.5

Am Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2005 11:51 schrieb Johannes Stezenbach:
> Ralph Scharpf wrote:
> > 1. Sometimes there is only a black screen delivered from vdr. Often I am
> > able to use vdr as usual (start recording, start playback, OSD etc.) but
> > there is no picture of current TV program at all. Sometimes vdr even
> > doesn't react to anything.
> >
> > 2. The are some situations where a still picture is shown with a small
> > bar on upper border that changes.
> >
> > Sometimes I could get rid of the problems by restarting vdr. Somtimes I
> > have to reload the module dvb-ttpci. Sometimes the still picture effect
> > solves itself. In neither case the vdr watchdog is released.
> >
> > When I run the femon plugin in such a situation I see that S/N and SNR
> > are well and the status signals (Lock etc.) too. When unmounting the
> > satellite cable all signals go down to 0 and the status displays become
> > red. After reconnecting everything is ok again and I get immediatly a
> > picture.

> > Jul 20 16:42:29 freud kernel: dvb-ttpci: __av7110_send_fw_cmd(): timeout
> > waiting for COMMAND idle
> > Jul 20 16:42:29 freud kernel: dvb-ttpci: av7110_send_fw_cmd():
> > av7110_send_fw_cmderror -110

> > I would like to find out whether these problems are known or if I have a
> > bad piece of hardware. I also would be willing to offer my hardware for a
> > certain time when it would help t osolve the problems. Perhaps all
> > developers have different cards.
>
> These are more or less known (symptoms vary). Did the 261d firmware
> work better for you?

Many thanks for responding!

First I though the 261f firmware is better. But in the meanwhile I am about to
say it is just the same as 261d. What I can say is that 261d was not better
than 261f.

Have you an idea what is the problem (any details)?

Can I help you in any way?

Ralph