[linux-dvb] Re: [linux-dvb-maintainer] Re: [ANNOUNCE] V4L latest changes - DVB code removal

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> sorry for this interruption, but what about merging both CVSs in the style
> of dvb-kernel (with the kernel-tree + a build-dvb and build-v4l which
> will link the needed files via "getlinks").
>
> Will it raise the maintenance-effort too much? Johannes, Mauro? Does it
> have any disadvantages I'm not aware of?

I already talked to Mauro about that.

There's a simple problem: How to coordinate maintanance.

Currently the two projects are already no longer independent, but
if you merge the CVSs, I feel that you also need one maintainer,
not two. I.e. at least one person who can follow development
for both analog and digital TV, and prepare and send patches.
Otherwise we end up in a mess.

Johannes