[linux-dvb] ifconfig locks on down - B2C2 flexcop.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 stonewall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Additional - it is specific to the b2c2_flexcop driver; I just swapped the
> SkyStar2 card out - first with another SkyStar2 card (same results), and then
> with a NOVA-S card.  The NOVA-S does NOT lock the last "ifconfig dvb0_?
> down".
>
> Does that help?

Sorry, I think I missed it: Do you use the drivers from dvb-kernel CVS
or from the kernel?

I really can't imagine why it locks up. The driver "only" passes the
transport stream to the software demuxer from the API. And it controls the
PID filter of the Flexcop Chip. Do you have SMP?

Please load the b2c2-flexcop.ko module with debug=0x09 to see if the PID
filter-settings are correct.

Also you could try to load the b2c2-flexcop-pci.ko with
enable_pid_filtering=0 (default is yes). Maybe it is an unkown bug with
the pid-filter-routine (I don't think, since a lot of people (incl. me)
are using it successfully).

regards,
Patrick.

--