[linux-dvb] Re: Routing multicast - broken linuxtv networking?

Stonewall,

you're not the only one affected by this issue, as I too use IP
multicasting over DVB-S to receive the digital images of the
weather satellite over Europe, called MSG-1.

EUMETCast uses a few PIDs on a stream on the HotBird TV
satellite, but over the last couple of months me (and a friend
of mine) are not able to receive the IP multicast data
correctly, albeit it is shown by tcpdump and Ethereal.  This
happens on two different systems, one using a B2C2 DVB-S card,
and the other one with a budget NOVA DVB-S card.

Net effect is that the tq-recv application, which is used to
authenticate the user and "connect" to the session that sends
the data file, is not able to connect, and remains hanging
indefinitely.

I would really like to work to solve this issue, as it's quite
annoying to be forced to use an old kernel and dvb-kernel build
in order to keep receiving the weather satellite images.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Bye, Luca