[linux-dvb] Re: FusionHDTV Linux Drivers

Todd:

I am CC'ing this to the linux-dvb list.  In the future, please cc this
stuff to the list, as this information could help other people.  If you
are not subscribed to the list, I highly recommend it.

Todd Ignasiak wrote:

>I built the rc2-mm1 kernel last night (with the TS patch from last
>night applied).   I will build the mm2 kernel today.

If you already have applied the
dvb-lgdt3302-qam256-initialization-fix.patch, then don't bother with
-mm2 ... There is another bug in -mm2 that requires the patch in the
video4linux tree (from my previous email) in order for anything to
work.  You have nothing to gain from -mm2 besides the
dvb-lgdt3302-qam256-initialization-fix.patch.

>With the mm1 kernel, I was able to get some success.   The MythTV
>channel scan worked for ATSC OTA channels (the scan showed the channel
>names from the PSIP data).    But, I was not able to actually view
>anything yet.    I'm a MythTV newbie, so I'm still trying to figure
>out all the Myth stuff to determine what is working & what is not.

I can't get mythtv to work with my board at all... I haven't had a
chance to mess with it yet.  I have been putting off re-partitioning my
hard drive in order to install debian sarge.  Hopefully mythtv will be
easier to deal with once I get around to that.  I have been testing
using a combination of azap and mplayer.  Xine has given me successfull
results as well (but no audio).  If you need directions on how to run
this, let me know.

>Also, one quick question on the Fusion --   In the Windows software,
>it treats one RF input as OTA and the other as Cable, and they must be
>connected appropriately.    With your driver, is there a hard
>association between the RF input and the type?   I didn't see any way
>in MythTV to specify which RF input into the tuner should be used.

Does your board have TWO coaxial input jacks?  I think that you have the
Gold-Q board.  My Gold-T board only has one coax input... I don't have
the answer for you on this one... maybe someone else knows, or you might
be able to ask the mythtv guys.  If you find the answer, please let us
know ;-)

--
Michael Krufky