[linux-dvb] Several TS streams from DVR device?

Hello Felix

Felix Domke writes:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

>> To me it looks like v3 will not be obsoleted by v4 anytime soon
>> (I think it's a pity, but it's not up to me). So it make very
>> much sense do do some enhancements for v3.

> I know it's a pity :/, so let's make the best out of it.
> Maybe it would be easier if there would be a wrapper/layer which makes
> v4 device drivers compatible to v3 (or v3 userspace). (i have to admit
> that i never looked at the v4 core implementation - but i guess they
> differ a lot).
> That would allow us to port the device drivers to v4 *and* still
> maintain them with a large userbase.

I don't think this is feasible. v4 is mainly targetted for embedded systems
with everything available in hardware, with only a few things emulated in
software to make different hardware look the same.

Even the TTPCI cards don't fit to v4 at various places, not to speak of
budget cards around.

IMO it's not worth the effort.

> Felix

I'm sorry, I cannot comment on your ideas. I have written only very basic
userspace applications for v3 and never touched the v3 core, because I
already worked on v4 very early.

Regards
Michael.