[linux-dvb] Several TS streams from DVR device?

>> Is that possible with the DVB-API V3 or do I have to get one TS with all PIDs from
>> the DVR device and remux them into several TS with a additional TS remuxer?
> Unfortunately, there is no way. I think is THE major drawback of v3 api.
>
> I know that v4 is supposed to fix this.
>
> But what about implementing a hack (aka "new feature"), which supports this for
v3? The only required changed should be in the core, device drivers don't need to
be changed. On example interface could be multiple DMX_SET_FILTER per fd, turning
a DMX into a DVR.  And of course the possibility to get a single TS, without
using the DVR.

Quite a good idea. Especially as you can do a select() on the fds and even dup()
them on a TCP-Socket ;-)

Rene