[linux-dvb] both 8VSB and QAM256 working on DViCO FusionHDTV 3 Gold-T

Mac Michaels wrote:

>On Wednesday 06 July 2005 01:19 am, Michael Krufky wrote:
>

>>Also, I still cannot get a lock in QAM256.
>>

>Did you try the Cable frequency file I sent you? It is not
>all 125 channels, but it should have the correct
>frequencies for some channels. I am working on a full set
>of cable files [Standard, HRC, IRC].
>
>Have you checked with your cable provider to determine if
>they are using a standard set of frequencies that is the
>same as Analog Cable or if they are using something else.
>
>Are you sure they are using QAM256? VSB can be used on
>cable. It is overkill since cable does not suffer from
>multipath signals that VSB can cope with at the expense of
>a lower symbol rate.
>
>-- Mac

After applying the read status fix and using
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256, I got the attached output
from atscscan. Then I ran mplayer and got beautiful HD video.  SD worked
even better.  :-)

dumping lists (256 services)

--
Michael Krufky