[linux-dvb] Re: both 8VSB and QAM256 working on DViCO FusionHDTV 3 Gold-T

Mac Michaels wrote:

>On Thursday 07 July 2005 11:46 am, Michael Krufky wrote:
>

>>Mac Michaels wrote:

>>>Great! It was worth the time it took to create the
>>>center frequency lists :-)
>>>
>>>-- Mac
>>>

>>For some reason, I'm not always getting good results like
>>I did last night.  When I first ran that test last night,
>>I got the 256 locks as stated above.  After rebooting, I
>>got status 0x00 across the board, and after rebooting
>>again, I got all the locks again.  I suspect that there
>>is another factor here that I must be overlooking...
>>

>This is ugly. Intermittent problems are usually very hard to
>find.

It seems to work more often from a cold boot... I've also noticed the
following.... I have been having intermittent problems with my ps/2
mouse, regardless of what kernel I am running, but have NO mouse
problems in windows.  When the ps/2 mouse isnt working, I just use my
usb mouse instead.  Anyhow, I have noticed that when the ps/2 mouse
doesn't work, DVB doesn't work either.  The module loads up and
everything seems correct, but I just cant get a lock.... In these cases,
I will always get status code 0x00.

>>Anyhow, this is good enough for me to say that the driver
>>works properly, at least for the most part... There may
>>be some other problems in my system that I will have to
>>investigate, and/or there might be some fine-tuning to be
>>done in the lgdt3302 code, although I don't know how much
>>is necessary.
>>
>>Full support for both of our boards is now included in
>>2.6.13-rc2-mm1 ... Have you tested this yet?
>>

>No.

I tested 2.6.13-rc2-mm1 and everything works fine (of course i have my
intermittent problems, but this is MY problem -- not the driver).  I
didn't try 2.6.13-rc2-git2 yet ... Will try tonight or over the weekend.

>I am working on a problem with making high definition
>resolution work. I narrowed it down to insufficient DRI
>buffers allocated when the fglrx ATI binary driver is
>loaded in X. 100 buffers are allocated but 127 buffers are
>required to hold a 1920x1080 screen. Mythtv logs 27
>insufficient resource messages each time it tries to draw a
>frame.

HD works just fine for me. Are you sure the problem that you have might
not be because of the video board that you're using?  (just a guess)
However, I must say:  I have been using a combination of azap and
mplayer to do my testing -- mythtv still isnt working.  Using mplayer,
no matter what channel I am viewing, the video stream only lasts for a
finite amount of time.  I am getting a bunch of crc errors.  I would
like to share this output with you... I will try to capture some of this
later on.

The HD streams seem to be more volitile than the SD streams.  I haven't
had a HD stream last for much longer than a minute or so, but I've had
SD stream last for as long as 20 minutes.

>>Also, what would be involved with fixing ber and signal
>>strength?
>>

>I can do that. Do you have any idea what units are expected
>for ber?

I don't know anything about this.... (ber)  Maybe someone reading the
list will respond with some info....

--
Michael Krufky